Home > Shopping in Aberdeen Scotland >
Wedding Dress Shop Aberdeen
Wedding Dress Shop Aberdeen
Information about wedding dress shops in Aberdeen where you can buy or hire wedding dresses, highland dress and outfits for the bride and groom throughout Aberdeenshire
Aberdeen is a romantic city to be wed and there are a range of stunning locations, Churches and Cathedrals where marriages can take place. Throughout the Shire there are many wedding dress shops and bridal outfitters who can help you find the perfect wedding dress and wedding outfit to make the day even more special. Some of these are described below along with hints, tips and information to help you find the ideal wedding outfit.
Follow us on: Instagram
My new novel:
The Aberdeen skies are under attack from an enemy jet. It is spilling a strange yellow smoke. Minutes later, people start killing each other.
Former Royal Air Force Regiment Gunner Jason Harper witnesses this and then his wife, Pippa, telephones him, shouting that she needs him. They then get cut off. He sets straight out, unprepared for the nightmare that unfolds during his journey. Everyone seems to want to kill him.
Along the way, he pairs up with fellow survivor Imogen. But she enjoys killing the living dead far too much. Will she kill Jason in her blood thirst? Or will she hinder his journey through this zombie filled dystopian landscape to find his pregnant wife?
The Fence is the first in this series of post-apocalyptic military survival thrillers from the torturous mind of local horror and science fiction novel writer C.G. Buswell.
Buy the Paperback.
Coast Wedding Shop Aberdeen
The Coast Wedding Shop can be found at the Aberdeen Bon Accord Shopping Centre
Choose an Outfit to Impress This Wedding Season
The wedding season blossoms in Spring in Aberdeen and it brings the sometimes impossible task of deciding what to wear, what is appropriate and what exactly is in fashion. For many, it can take months of planning and countless changed decisions. Whether you are part of the bridal party, a guest or indeed the bride herself, the hunt for the perfect wedding day outfit can often be a long, tedious and rather stressful process. Dawn Taylor, Manager of Coast in the Bon Accord St. Nicholas Shopping Centre, says,
"Deciding what to wear to a wedding is never easy. Many people often find the task of choosing a wedding outfit a daunting one. There are many styles and colours available but choosing the right one can be a challenge."
Dawn continues "The traditional wedding attire for women at weddings has changed dramatically. Instead of strict formal dresses, boxed shoulder jackets and hats, people are choosing outfits which are less traditional and can be worn again."
Dawn Taylor gives her expert advice to make the decision easier with some top tips for choosing your wedding outfit for 2007:
- Selecting the right colour is important. Gorgeous subtle shades of gold, chocolate, rose and pebble are perfect for a wedding. Bright colours are a big trend this season so for something different why not choose a dress in cobalt blue or crushed lemon.
- The old rule of never wear white if you are a guest still applies in some aspects. Wearing white should be approached with caution; you don't want to be mistaken for the bride! However, it is okay to choose white as long as it's worn with a splash of colour and accessorised accordingly.
- Choosing a dress off the peg rather than going to a bridal boutique is becoming more popular. Especially if you want the option of wearing the dress again.
- Fashionable trends for bridesmaids today are 1950's style prom dresses. The shorter gowns are great for younger bridesmaids.
- Hats are a thing of the past at weddings. This season choose a fascinator to add a touch of charm and class to your outfit.
- Silk, taffeta, linen blends and cotton mixes are good fabric choices for all day weddings as they are comfortable and stylish.
- Mother's of the bride and groom should feel free to glam it up! Most want to look young and feel fantastic so the traditional hat, jacket and gloves are a thing of the past. Keep your outfit elegant with a touch of glamour. But be careful not to go too over the top. You don't want to upstage the bride!
To view a range of stunning occasion wear or for expert advice, visit Coast at the Bon Accord St Nicholas Shopping Centre in Aberdeen.
Contact Address, Telephone Number and Webpage Details for Coast Aberdeen
Bon Accord St. Nicholas Shopping Centre
Tel: (01224) 647193
Official Coast Aberdeen website homepage url: TBA.
Scottish Wedding Traditions
Wedding anniversary dates
and types of gifts to buy.
Aberdeen Wedding Show
More Aberdeenshire Shopping
Have you seen my beautiful golden retriever Lynne out and about in Aberdeen? Ask her for a high-five! She's a Bravehound PTSD assistance dog, so we'll often be in shops, restaurants, and the cinema together.
We've written a book where I talk about growing up in Aberdeen and then joining the army to be a medic and nurse, and developing military Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
I also talk about losing my son to suicide and the therapy I have had at Royal Cornhill Hospital and grief support groups in Aberdeen.
The author, Damien Lewis, said of Lynne:
"A powerful account of what one dog means to one man on his road to recovery. Both heart-warming and life-affirming. Bravo Chris and Lynne. Bravo Bravehound."
Buy the paperback
An army veteran moves his family back to his Aberdeenshire home, but his nightmare neighbour starts a battle of wits with him. Who will win this One Last War?
Buy this latest novel by local author C.G. Buswell on Kindle
Advertise Here from just £70.