Home > Shopping in Aberdeen Scotland >
Wedding Dress Shop Aberdeen
Wedding Dress Shop Aberdeen
Information about wedding dress shops in Aberdeen where you can buy or hire wedding dresses, highland dress and outfits for the bride and groom throughout Aberdeenshire
Aberdeen is a romantic city to be wed and there are a range of stunning locations, Churches and Cathedrals where marriages can take place. Throughout the Shire there are many wedding dress shops and bridal outfitters who can help you find the perfect wedding dress and wedding outfit to make the day even more special. Some of these are described below along with hints, tips and information to help you find the ideal wedding outfit.
Follow us on: Instagram
Coast Wedding Shop Aberdeen
The Coast Wedding Shop can be found at the Aberdeen Bon Accord Shopping Centre
Choose an Outfit to Impress This Wedding Season
The wedding season blossoms in Spring in Aberdeen and it brings the sometimes impossible task of deciding what to wear, what is appropriate and what exactly is in fashion. For many, it can take months of planning and countless changed decisions. Whether you are part of the bridal party, a guest or indeed the bride herself, the hunt for the perfect wedding day outfit can often be a long, tedious and rather stressful process. Dawn Taylor, Manager of Coast in the Bon Accord St. Nicholas Shopping Centre, says,
"Deciding what to wear to a wedding is never easy. Many people often find the task of choosing a wedding outfit a daunting one. There are many styles and colours available but choosing the right one can be a challenge."
Dawn continues "The traditional wedding attire for women at weddings has changed dramatically. Instead of strict formal dresses, boxed shoulder jackets and hats, people are choosing outfits which are less traditional and can be worn again."
Dawn Taylor gives her expert advice to make the decision easier with some top tips for choosing your wedding outfit for 2007:
- Selecting the right colour is important. Gorgeous subtle shades of gold, chocolate, rose and pebble are perfect for a wedding. Bright colours are a big trend this season so for something different why not choose a dress in cobalt blue or crushed lemon.
- The old rule of ‘never wear white’ if you are a guest still applies in some aspects. Wearing white should be approached with caution – you don’t want to be mistaken for the bride! However, it is okay to choose white as long as it’s worn with a splash of colour and accessorised accordingly.
- Choosing a dress ‘off the peg’ rather than going to a bridal boutique is becoming more popular. Especially if you want the option of wearing the dress again.
- Fashionable trends for bridesmaids today are 1950’s style prom dresses. The shorter gowns are great for younger bridesmaids.
- Hats are a thing of the past at weddings. This season choose a fascinator to add a touch of charm and class to your outfit.
- Silk, taffeta, linen blends and cotton mixes are good fabric choices for all day weddings as they are comfortable and stylish.
- Mother’s of the bride and groom should feel free to glam it up! Most want to look young and feel fantastic so the traditional hat, jacket and gloves are a thing of the past. Keep your outfit elegant with a touch of glamour. But be careful not to go too over the top. You don’t want to upstage the bride!
To view a range of stunning occasion wear or for expert advice, visit Coast at the Bon Accord St Nicholas Shopping Centre in Aberdeen.
Contact Address, Telephone Number and Webpage Details for Coast Aberdeen
Bon Accord St. Nicholas Shopping Centre
Tel: (01224) 647193
Official Coast Aberdeen website homepage url: TBA.
Scottish Wedding Traditions
Wedding anniversary dates
and types of gifts to buy.
Aberdeen Wedding Show
More Aberdeenshire Shopping
My new emotive, suspenseful Aberdeen crime novel is Buried in Grief.
What if the loss of a child was not every parent's worst nightmare?
Hamish and Alison wake to some awful news from the police banging at their door, but what if their trauma was only just beginning?
Read how this couple cope with their grief through to a terrifying ending.
Available in Paperback or Kindle and other devices.
Read the Opening Chapter for Free.
Advertise Here from just £90.